Ok, I've updated my Dutch
strategy a little, no heavy changes to the Dutch in the Patch 2, except that their commerce is only 10% cheaper, and they only receive one free ship when a dock completes. This slows the Dutch down a bit, but with cheaper commerce, their free resources, and free ships, they are a good middle-late game nation and on water maps they can hold their own.
The Patch 2 Beta apparently fixes OoS problems, I've played a few 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 games over Gamespy, and no OoS's to report.
Full nerf/buff info below.
- free resources for infantry units now +2 instead of +3
- removed free science technology at game start
- reduced free bombers at airbases from +2 to +1
- no longer get a free fishing boat when they build a dock
- receive one free light ship with each new Dock built instead of two
- commerce research now 10% cheaper instead of 25% cheaper
- siege is now 15% cheaper instead of 25%
- siege production speed lowered to 25% faster and move speed bonus lowered
- reduced bonus woodcutter slot to +1 instead of +2
- reduced Cavalier hitpoints
- Libraries and Universities are now 66% cheaper
- reduced speed and LOS of their unique scout units
- reduced hitpoint bonus for their Heavy Infantry to +5%
- reduced the move speed bonus for their unique infantry
- doubled the free resources generated by their unique Horse Archer line
- increased their timber discount on buildings to 25% from 20%
- increased building hitpoint bonus to 25% from 20%
- unique archers now do less damage to other archer units
- merchant, caravan, and market cost discount reduced to 10% from 50% cheaper
- slightly reduced the cost of their unique Heavy Infantry
- wealth bonus per city now +10 instead of +15
- now 15% cheaper units and military research instead of 25%
- now gives +2 range bonus instead of +4 to friendly units
I am also giving my thoughts to a ladder system, something to run 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and even 4v4 games. I like what MoR is doing, of course, but I think this would be a good idea: create a ladder where your opponents *and* partners are randomly chosen. You could get a good partner(s) or a bad partner(s), and good or bad opponents.
Most clans are exclusive clubs, not necessarily elitism, but usually invite only. Getting into a clan is not always easy. The random system allows for good players to be grouped with bad players (not necessarily bad players, just ones who aren't as good, or perhaps they are new to PvP, or are out of practice), allowing the less experienced players to gain some experience by playing with good ones, and allowing the good players to teach the less experienced ones their ways. Heh, hope that's not too confusing.
Anyways, I am working it out, and seeing what resources are available. I'll keep ya in the loop.